Annual Community Empowerment Grantmaking Program
Grant Application Overview
Category 1:Mental Health Across the Lifespan (MHAL) Initiative; programs in this category must educate and raise awareness, through targeted outreach efforts in underserved communities, on one of the following areas: Bullying, Postpartum Depression, Successful Aging Later in Life, or Depression and College Students. The Mental Health initiative must also aim to reinforce the importance of recognizing the signs of mental illness and of seeking help and treatment from healthcare providers. A program can be conducted by a Delta chapter or sponsored in partnership with a community organization with similar missions and goals as those of the Foundation or the Sorority.
Category 2: Community Empowerment Focus includes program grants in areas relating to any of the following areas: Civic Engagement, Education, Financial Literacy, Health and Wellness, and International Awareness and Involvement.
Rules and Instructions:
- The Program grant must be conducted by a Delta chapter or a program sponsored in partnership with a community organization with similar missions and goals as those of the Sorority. The community organization must have a 501 (c) (3) non-profit status.
- Program Grants range from $500 to $1,500based on the rating score received.
- Chapters are permitted to submit only one grant application.
- Proposals must address issues affecting African American Women and their families related to Mental Health subjects as specified in the NIH Mental Health Across the Lifespan Initiative: Bullying, Postpartum Depression,Depression & College Students, or Successful Aging Later in Life. Or they must address the Community Empowerment focus on Civic Engagement, Education, Financial Literacy, Health and Wellness, and International Awareness and Involvement.
- Program must clearly delineate how the target population will be empowered to move beyond their current situation.
- Submit application by the deadline date: March 21, 2017
- Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grant Request Narrative
Instructions: The narrative must follow the outline and numerical alignment specified and must not exceed the space designated for each response.